Alexandra Palace - Best route on Saturday

I'm off to Alexandra Palace on Saturday morning coming into North London off the M11/North Circ.

Google and AA directions are different. One takes A10 and then into AP via the South Terrace. The other takes me up to Muswell Hill and into AP at the bottom end near Crouch End.

Anyone know the best of these two at the moment with roadworks etc. It's been a few years since I drove into London and wondered if anyone had any up-to-date info.

Many thanks
16:58 Wed 05th Oct 2011

rockyracoon
Best Answer
I'm certain there are major roadworks on the North Circ at the moment, right where you'll need to be. The route I'd take (and I lived in Wood Green for 27 years would be, follow A10 turning right onto Lordship Lane, this will take you up through Wood Green, across the High Road at WG tube Station and follow the road, you'll come to a hair pin bend, go round it and...
17:11 Wed 05th Oct 2011 Go To Best Answer

I'm certain there are major roadworks on the North Circ at the moment, right where you'll need to be. The route I'd take (and I lived in Wood Green for 27 years would be, follow A10 turning right onto Lordship Lane, this will take you up through Wood Green, across the High Road at WG tube Station and follow the road, you'll come to a hair pin bend, go round it and you'll be on the approach right up into Ally Pally.
Excellent info. Thank you very much.
You're very welcome, are you knitting and stitching?
I've just looked at both routes and they seem to take you along the A406 North Circular Road. That's not a good place at the moment, there's a load of road works. Expect a delay along there.
Rocky's route is spot on. It's a route I use regularly to get to Muswell Hill from the M11.