Tesco Compare is a competitive online comparison site from one of the UK's favourite supermarkets. Simply enter your details once and they do the rest, helping you find the quote for insurance or financial products that suit you best.
TESCO decided to set up its own comparison website in response to the growing market in that area. They believe that comparison websites should be more than just about price. So their service is designed to be easy to use with a broad range of products to compare from a wide variety of providers. They feature car and home insurance as well as other more specialised types of policy such as pet and life insurance. Customers are able to compare utilities and financial products such as loans, credit cards, mortgages, savings and current accounts.
TESCO Compare is a joint venture with Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS). They are very careful not to treat their own brand more favourably and offer customers a genuinely competitive and fair choice. As TESCO are such a big brand in their own right many providers offer exclusive deals for the users of the comparison site.
TESCO Compare reveals the car map of the UK – based on car insurance quotes for over half a million cars.
The car map reveals that where you live really does have an influence on what car you drive:
• Essex – the most popular car make for the area was Ford.
• England – Ford was also the nation’s favourite car manufacturer. However, it is not so popular in Scotland where Vauxhall edged ahead.
• London – drivers in the capital prefer Germanic cars such as Audi, BMW and Mercedes.
• West Country and Wales – this part of the UK was dominated by French cars makers like Peugeots and Renaults.
• Birmingham – The midlands are devoted to their local brands and love MGs and Rovers.
• Swindon – Similarly in this area Honda ownership is the most popular.
• Sunderland – Motorists in the North East are loyal to Nissan with over two and a half times the national average of ownership.
If you would like to view search results for TESCO Compare click here.