Makes approximately 65
Christmas and new years are the perfect times to indulge and celebrate and what would a celebration be without a little treat? Rum balls are a wonderfully naughty bite size treat, a sweet chocolaty offering and drink all rolled into one.
Rum balls make a wonderful accompaniment to any Christmas, party so once you are done with the canapes, crack out the rum balls, they make a delicious finale to a wonderful evening or perhaps morning.
- 350g shortbread, crushed
- 300g chopped pecans or walnuts
- 50g cocoa
- 250g icing sugar
- 150ml dark rum
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- Shredded coconut or hundreds and thousands
- Stir the crushed shortbread, nuts, icing sugar and cocoa.
- Starting with half the quantity of rum and half the golden syrup, gradually stir in the liquids, adding a little at a time.
- When you can roll the mixture into a 1 inch ball, don't add any more rum or syrup. You may not need all of it.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in either coconut or hundred and thousands.