What does celeriac taste like?

Seen an interesting recipe for mixing it with mashed potato, but never tasted the stuff, whats it like?
01:22 Fri 28th Jan 2011

ethandron
Best Answer
i don't find it as strongly tasting as celery. it's very nice mixed in with mash, it's a similar texture once cooked. give it a go and see what you think.
11:17 Fri 28th Jan 2011 Go To Best Answer

Celery (I'm not being funny).
Celery....yuk.

I too seen a recipe for it...never again. It's celery with the texture of swede...
buy one, bite into it, then you will know.
Like celery....horrible.
Absolutely horrible, just like celery...
Green celery is bitter and horrible. White celery, at one time ubiquitous but now impossible to get, is much more delicate and flavoursome.
I like it, it's sort of peppery.
Celeriac makes a delicious snack, nice and crunchy and a fresh celery flavour. Yum!
I hate celery but I don't mind celeriac.
I love eating celery, but as I like it with loads of salt on it I don't indulge very often.