Centre of UK

Avatar Image
Toureman | 00:32 Mon 07th May 2007 | Travel
6 Answers
Anyone tell me the exact centre of the UK land Mass?


1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Toureman. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Unfortunately, "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" is not listed here: the_United_Kingdom
I was always led to beleive it was Haltwhistle, but I guess it depends on how you calculate it
There really isn't such a thing as an 'exact centre' - the UK is not shaped so as to have one. Depending on what factors and assumptions you put into your calculations you'll come up with different answers.
scubadiver was close with Haltwhistle. It all depends on how it is determined and measured, but I think there is a general consensus of opinion that the centre of the British Isles, is in fact a small village known as Allenheads It is situated at the head of the Allen valley (hence the name) in Northumberland, near the borders of Durham and Cumbria.

Try this link to see it's loaction; &y=545500&z=3&sv=Allenheads&st=3&tl=Allenheads ,+Northumberland+[City/Town/Village]&searchp=n ewsearch.srf&mapp=newmap.srf

Question Author
Thanks for all your answers, seems like Haltwhistle is the one.

1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Centre of UK

Answer Question >>