Travel Insurance

Avatar Image
KARL | 20:52 Mon 21st Dec 2020 | Travel
8 Answers
From the end of the year UK passport holders will need medical and accident insurance to be certain of being allowed to enter any other European country. Can anyone suggest the best source(s) for such insurance at the lowest price, single trip duration 3 days and up for someone over 70 years old. I am not interested in cover for travel disruption of any kind, baggage or any items/belongings at all. The amount of cover need only be the limit set by most European countries (GBP1,000,000).


1 to 8 of 8rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by KARL. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
It might be worth trying HolidaySafe. At the age of 65 years (with no known health problems), I was paying about £16 for an annual multi-trip European policy. I've not dared find out from them (or from anyone else) what I'll now have to pay now, at the age of 67, with incurable cancer but I'd say that they've still got to be worth a try. (Their upper age limit for multi-trip policies is 79 but there's no age limit for single-trip policies):

See also here:
Also try SAGA
Saga is very, very expensive in my experience
I got a good price for US with pre existing conditions
I have used OK TO TRAVEL the last few times and found them to be quite reasonable. I have a number of pre existing conditions and they covered all of them.
Question Author
Thank you Chris, that's a good tip and I have checked it out.

Sorry to learn of your illness - I note the distinction, incurable rather than terminal. Blessings counted, eh ? All the best.
I note you don't want any "travel disruption" cover, Karl. I think most policies will provide a "package" of cover - medical costs, cancellation, travel disruption, lost luggage etc.

1 to 8 of 8rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Travel Insurance

Answer Question >>