Movie clip formats for viewing on DVD players

Avatar Image
DonKiddick | 21:28 Sun 12th Aug 2007 | Technology
5 Answers
My Olympus mu400 camera takes still pictures in .jpg format and movie clips in .mov format. I can copy still pictures to CD and view them on my TV through my Phillips DVD player. If I copy the movie clips to CD I cannot view them and therefore have to convert them to .mpg format for which I have the appropriate software. All is then OK.
However, neither of these formats, .mov or .mpg, will work on my sister's Comet Proline DVD player although the .jpg stills play perfectly.
Does anyone know what format I should convert movie clips to so that I can burn CDs that will play on both my Phillips DVD player and my sister's Proline player? If there is a common format, does anyone know of any software programs that will convert from both .mov and .mpg formats?


1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by DonKiddick. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
DVDs use the VOB format (or DVD-PAL). Try these for a start:- ter/ o-Utilities-Codecs/Download-Kate-s-Video-Conve rter-free-beta.html

Personally, I would use a Video Editing package like Serif MoviePlus5 or Premiere Elements - everyone has their favourites (some even stick by Pinnacle Studio).
VLC player will convert and play files.
(use the wizzard option)
Dr Red, I knew it was a very good player but a converter? You learn something every day.
You need to convert your video to MPEG-2 format. it's easier if you use this <a href="
DVD creator</a>. It can burn any video to DVD for palying on a home DVD player. really easy to use! I recommended!

Good luck!

1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Movie clip formats for viewing on DVD players

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.