Downloading Photoshop

winstonmin | 17:15 Tue 03rd Mar 2020 | Technology
I have bought a new laptop and I can't load anything with a CD. I have Photoshop 7.0 on my old laptop and want to have it on my new laptop. I gather that with the new versions you can only get them on subscription with Adobe; you can't buy them outright. I don't want to do this and anyway I am happy with Photoshop 7.0. There is a site - File Forth - that has a download of this version for free. I'm wondering if this is OK to download. I don't want to get anything nasty on my new laptop! Can anyone help please.

Answers

I have got photoshop elements and I buy a download, you can do a cloud subscription thing but I don't
17:23 Tue 03rd Mar 2020
Have you considered buying an external CD/DVD drive - they just plug in to a USB port on your computer and will allow you to use your Photoshop disc. There's a wide choice available for £20 or less.
Sites that offer illegal downloads of software tend to have malicious files embedded, so I would steer clear of that route.
If you have a disk version of photoshop you should borrow a DVD drive or buy a cheap one.
Or connect your 2 computers with an ethernet cable.
https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Computers
Thank you bhg481. That would solve a lot of problems.
Cheers.
I can’t find anything about ‘file forth’.
Thank you Gromit; this is what I'm afraid of. I shall get an external drive or an ethernet cable.
Before you download any kind of software, check that your system meets the minimum system requirements needed to run the program. You can download Adobe Photoshop by either connecting to the adobe.com website or purchase it from a trusted reseller. Go to the adobe.com website and go to the Adobe Creative Cloud apps catalog. Find Photoshop and click it to download. You will then be asked to sign in with your Adobe ID and password. The installation process will require you to follow on-screen instructions. You may need to get a Creative Cloud trial membership for the Download to continue. The installation process from here will be handled by the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Once it is finished installing, you can now open Photoshop the same way you open any other app on your computer.

If you choose to purchase it through a trusted software reseller such as Softvire, you would need to visit their webpage and click and download from there. Software resellers offer discounts, so be on the lookout for those moments. You can also ask for assistance as they also provide installation service if you feel you need help or support.

Downloading Photoshop