Hd tv+dvd recorder+sky

anagram | 00:47 Tue 04th Jan 2011 | Electronics
We have a new HDTV which is at the moment connected to a sky box and a dvd recorder which isn't HD or upscaling (if that is the right term?). My question is; we are thinking of upgrading to Sky HD, will we need a new dvd recorder? I know that Sky+ has a hard drive so I can record things on there but I want to be able to transfer things to dvd.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by anagram. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

You wont need a new DVD recorder, as long as it can be connected via scart or component connections you will still be able to record to DVD, just not in full HD. Biggest problem will be the transfer between the sky box and DVD recorder, you will have to play the program on the sky box and record it on the DVD or play it on sky box while recording on the DVD recorder harddrive and then do the transfer to DVD.
Thanks HouseHusband. I'm not worried about recording in HD so that won't be a problem. At the moment the sky box is connected by scart to the dvd and the dvd to the tv by scart, would that stay the same and just add hdmi for sky to tv or can you only connect one way...scart or hdmi but not both? Sorry, bit of a dunce when it comes to this sort of stuff :(
As far as I am aware the set up you mentioned should work fine, i am not aware of any sky box that has to be set to a single output option. I only have the standard sky box but mine is connected roughly the same. 1 scart direct to TV, the second scart to the DVD recorder and the Ariel cable into the sky box and then out on both connections to other TV's in the house as well as the main set.
Thank you for your answer HouseHusband, much appreciated

Hd tv+dvd recorder+sky