iPhone

shiznit | 00:05 Wed 23rd Jan 2008 | Electronics
Does anyone know if you can change the black main screen to one of your own choice?. This is on an normal out of the box locked iPhone

Cheers

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by shiznit. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

No, you can't.

You could jailbreak it to do this, but it may mean knocking it down to a previous firmware version (the new 1.1.3 hasn't been successfully jailbroken at the time of writing this). It'll also invalidate your warranty.

In a month's time the SDK will be out though, possibly with another iPhone software update. This will likely enable someone to write an app to do this for you, without invalidating your warranty.
Cheers fo3nix,

There are a few things I wish I could do with the iPhone but I really do not want to jailbreak it.

Hopefully Apple will pull their finger out and let us have some more free reign with them

Thanks again

iPhone