Iphone 7 Poor Reception

malagabob | 06:39 Thu 14th Jun 2018 | Electronics
Just bought a used iPhone 7 Callers voice sound muffled and voice breaks up. Signal bar only shows 1 bar sometimes. I’m using the same provider keeping my same number as on my old phone iPhone 4 Tesco O2. Never had a problem. Just had to insert micro sim. Any ideas to try. TIA.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by malagabob. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Is it in a case?
It was Zac but I tried it out of case. No improvement.
It’s an unlocked phone so I might get a different network sim in to see if it improves. But glad of any other ideas. Thanks
Try and give it a soft reset. This is where you hold the lock button, and the home button for about 8-10 seconds. Once the screen goes black, let go of the buttons.

This may help the phone try to re-find the signal.
The iPhone 4 & 7 use different sized SIMs, the 4 is a micro SIM and the 7 a nano SIM https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht202645
Thanks for all advice I’ll try all then it will be a contact with my network

Iphone 7 Poor Reception