Tv Aerial Reception

dibble1 | 14:39 Sun 19th Jun 2016 | Electronics
I live in a pretty poor reception area & have switched from Sky to BT which relies on your aerial for the freeview channels. As a consequence of this I've lost loads of channels, however my neighbour gets all of them through his aerial. So I've bought a new aerial erected it (oo-er) as high as possible but I still can't get as many as him. My box says my signal quality is 100% but the signal strength fluctuates around 30%. I bought a £10 booster from Amazon but it made no difference. Is there anything I can do to boost this strength?
(I am right next to a railway, my neighbour is about 50 metres further away from it.) Originally my Aerial was split across 2 TV's, now each TV has it's own aerial to eliminate any possible reduction in strength, & I know what you're thinking, why don't you buy the same type of aerial as your neighbour, well this is supposed to be a "top drawer, high power" aerial. Hmmmm. Any information gratefully taken on board!

Answers

Only 1 answerrss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by dibble1. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Did you select the areal from the correct aerial group that your local transmitter supports
A strong signal strength can overload the TVs tuner resulting in a poor signal quality
The correct areal direction can be critical only being out by a couple of degrees can make a great difference
The quality of your cabling can also be crucial
If you have poor signal quality a booster will boost that.

Only 1 answerrss feed

Tv Aerial Reception