Override Providers

davewr | 08:26 Thu 15th Oct 2015 | Electronics
Has any one used these to call mobiles from BT landlines? I read about them on Money Saving Expert and expected to pay around 13p connection and then 1p/minute with Bestminutes. After a trial call last Sunday morning I was charged 52p for a 4.31 minute call, not much less than a normal BT charge. Does anyone know how that charge is made up?

Answers

http://www.moneymagpie.com/article/10-ways-to-save-on-your-phone-bills Some details in section 2 here.
08:42 Thu 15th Oct 2015
I know very little about these folk but I suspect if your call was a national one you wouldn't save much. My guess is that they try to cut costs by freeloading on the Internet using VoIP communications. A large saving for international calls. but two local connections to pay for would mean little saved on a national call.
As it happens, Im with Talktalk. For a £5 add-on 'boost' all my calls to mobiles are free.
Thanks for your answer. I'll try the 18185 to see if I can figure out the charges from them.

Override Providers