Can A Humax Hdr-Fox T2 Freeview Be Used On A Tv That Does Not Have Hd

JG1965 | 15:07 Sun 20th Oct 2013 | Electronics
I was wondering if a HDR-Fox T2 Freeview can be used with a TV that does not have High Definition. Will I still get all the same channels that I had before on my Humax 9300T PVR, as I got a View 21 Smart Digital HD Digital set-top box before and I could only get 45 Tv channels on it when I normally got 111 Tv channels on my Humax 9300T PVR.
Thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by JG1965. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Of course it can, but the Humax can only be connected to the TV with a SCART cable and the programmes will be viewed in normal definition.
When you eventually update your TV to an HD or HD ready model you'll be able to connect the two with an HDMI cable and watch in HD.
>>>as I got a View 21 Smart Digital HD Digital set-top box before and I could only get 45 Tv channels on it when I normally got 111 Tv channels on my Humax 9300T PVR

Different makes and models of TV receiving equipment have differing 'sensitivities'. (i.e. their ability to handle weak signals). Your View 21 box could have received all available channels if you'd provided it with a stronger signal by either upgrading your aerial system or, quite possibly, by adding a cheap signal booster.

If you purchase the HDR-Fox device and then find that you don't get all channels, it will be because your aerial isn't really good enough (as has been proven by your problems with the View 21 box).
Buenchico, what is the best signal booster do you advise that I should use on View 21 so I can get more channels?
This model provides greater 'gain' than any other on the market (to the best of my knowledge), so that's what I recommend:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/1-way-aerial-amplifier-223504

That's not just derived from a random bit of googling. It's what I use myself!
Thanks Buenchico, I give it a try.