Humax Pvr-9300T Freeview+Box Keeping Going Off And On, How Can I Fix This?

JG1965 | 13:27 Sun 01st Sep 2013 | Electronics
I have Humax PVR-9300T Freeview+ box and it was working great until this morning when I switched it on to watch something I had recorded, after 2 minutes the box went off and restarted again, then kept going on and off every 2 minutes after that. I unplugged it from the wall and left it for a couple of hours but it is still doing this, has anyone any idea why it is doing this and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by JG1965. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

humax have a very good telephone and e-mail service for support.only open mon-fri.8.30-20.00 unfortunately.
When electrical devices work for a while, turn themselves off and then restart again, a frequent cause of the problem is overheating. Check that the box's vents aren't blocked. (Use a vacuum cleaner to extract any fluff and dust).
I have checked the vents and they are fine, have emailed Humax and still waiting for a reply, has anyone else any idea about this?
Could be a component getting hot & failing. Might need a service call.