LED Vs LCD televisions?

Groupie | 10:35 Sun 11th Dec 2011 | Electronics
For the average living room what are the pros and cons of either LED against LCD TVs Thx

Answers

I asked this in Comet the other day and was told there is not a lot of difference in the 2 of them. I bought the 100Hz Samsung LED 1 and must say I am impressed with the picture. It is also a Smart Tv, something to do with it being able to be connected to the net with a dongle or fixed line. Not got it done yet though. Don't know if the LCD 1s can be connected to the net or not. .
10:37 Wed 28th Dec 2011
Both are actually LCD.
The only difference is in the back light. which is either fluorescent or LED.
In theory LED will give better contrast, but the only way to tell is to do a side by side comparison - many cheaper LED screens are no better that than the LCD equivalent. LED screens will run slightly cooler and use a little less power.
how many thousand get this mixed up "lcd or led"?
rojash is correct
Yes, deggers and I pity anyone googling it and ending up on this page:

http://whatisthediffe...betweenlcdandled.com/

The explanation is completely erroneous, and whoever wrote it clearly has no idea what they are talking about!
Quote from that site : The houses of the common people are becoming smaller and smaller in size these days and that is why people seldom get huge areas in their drawing rooms and living rooms...... priceless
jesus ! who the hell wrote that load of confusion rojash
Easily the worst page on the subject I have seen "these days". not only "more or less" from the information but also the expression.

Notice their contact page?
"If you have any question or suggestion please do contact us anytime"

No contact information provided anywhere on the site. What an idiot. They deserve a prize for veing sao bad.

LED Vs LCD televisions?