How do I change keyboard symbol settings?

Avatar Image
bustybev | 23:32 Wed 06th Jun 2007 | Computers
4 Answers
On my keyboard the speech marks (") and (@) buttons work in reverse when pressed i.e when pressing shift 2 I get the @ sign instead of speech marks. \can anyone tell me how to change it. I am on windows vista if that makes a difference!


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by bustybev. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Sounds like you're set up for a US keyboard. To change to your UK keyboard, check out this
Try holding down:

Left Alt - left shift - prtscn

at the same time
change to uk settings
start,settings,control panel
then select regional and language options
click on language tab
and click on details button
select the option-english(united kingdom)
fron the default input langage- drop down menu
then click the english (united states)option in the installed service box and click the remove button, click ok to confirm
the change, and hey presto you should be back to uk settings
hope this helps
Yay! Cheers Jenellcas.
New keyboard and
I'd forgot how to change it to jolly olde English.

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

How do I change keyboard symbol settings?

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.