Cemetery Inscriptions

Avatar Image
pete27 | 13:53 Tue 05th Oct 2004 | People & Places
2 Answers
Thanks to whoever answered my enquiry yesterday, but what I really wanted to know is what the hobby/pastime is called for collecting and writing down the various inscriptions is called, like stamp collecting is called 'Philately' Thanks Pete


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by pete27. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
How about philepitaphy? Most names for lovers of/collectors of things are based on the Greek root word which applies to the thing and some form of the word 'phil' meaning 'love of'. These two words appear in either order. In philately, the phil comes first and in bibliophile it comes second. I just feel that philepitaphy sounds better than epitaphophily...where the two 'f' sounds are too close.

I'm offering this possibility as I have never actually heard of an already-accepted alternative, though such a thing may well exist.

Question Author
Many thanks for answering my query on the collecting and writing down of graveyard inscriptions, at least I can now give a name (or two) to my pastime. Thanks once again, Pete

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Cemetery Inscriptions

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.