SIGN UP

The next US presidential election

Avatar Image
violaine | 14:08 Sun 24th Aug 2003 | News
11 Answers
What are the chances of George W Bush losing the next US presidential election? The thought of him getting another term in office fills me with dread.

Answers

1 to 11 of 11rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by violaine. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
4 to 1. (i.e. 20% chance that he will lose, and 80% chance that he will be re-elected.)
-- answer removed --
I don't know about those odds....if history repeats then he's out on his ass because his pops was in the exact same situation, thinking that a second term was in the bag when he obitimified the bad guys in the first go round, but took the eye of the ball with regard to the domestic situation....the NY people won't forget that blackout in a hurry and you can be sure that the florida debacle will be dragged up again so I'd say that he's no better than 50:50 at the moment.
I want to campaignify for the pro-electionification of dubya for a 2nd 'go' so that he can continuify the improvements to amerikan educashun and literashy program he already started and so that he can arrestify those darn pesky varmits he's been after for so long. seriously.
If he can get the voting and results rigged like last time, then his chances are pretty darn good ! if not, then hopefully he will bite the dust just like his good 'ole buddy Blair will shortly be doing
-- answer removed --
-- answer removed --
Can't someone assasinate him? Please
Hi, an American writing here. I am a staunch Democrat, and so did not vote for Dubya in 2000 and will not vote for him in '04, either. However, the problem as I see it is that so far in the 2004 campaign, no one has yet emerged within the Democratic party as a strong potential leader. Hillary Clinton is not planning to run until 2008, and, sadly, Al Gore has stated that he will never run again. Time is running out before the next election. We Democrats are begging the candidates to campaign harder and faster than they have been doing so far. It's almost as if they have already accepted defeat for the 2004 election, which is sad and terrible!!!!! Come on, ladies and gentlemen!!!!! Do I have to run for president myself?!?!?
By the way, as much as people would like to assassinate GWB, others have already tried and failed miserably... he is simply too well-guarded...unfortunately.
Isn't there some General who seems likely to run for the Democrats? If so , he at least will make Bush's campaign theme, based on the Democrats being too wishy-washy and not the brave, firm, upstanding types who defend America and lead her in a war etc etc ( unlike the heroic draft-dodger type Bush is) look a bit thin !
Good question, Fred... Lately, "military types" have not seemed to want to run for president. Moreover, voters would question his/her ability to manage the country in other major areas besides national defense: the economy, the environment, education, health care/Social Security, foreign relations that do not involve war!, and other areas that the average American holds dear. Usually, candidates for president are a Governor of a particular state, or a Senator, or, much less often, another high-profile member of Congress from the House of Representatives.

1 to 11 of 11rss feed

Do you know the answer?

The next US presidential election

Answer Question >>