Is It True That Music Isn't Music By Itself?

the_master1124ya | 14:42 Sat 19th Mar 2022 | Music
For example you can hear a music composition, and even though it sounds good, it has no lyrics, it is not played in a setting such as a church, it doesn't send a certain message, nor is it a soundtrack to a movie or a vidyagame. Wouldn't you think that it's just mere noise?

People have asked me, "can I listen to your music" and I started thinking, I have music, but it is part of a vidyagame that doesn't yet exist. It only reminds me of an atmosphere of a setting that I myself conceived, so it isn't real music as no one else understands it.

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by the_master1124ya. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

No.
No lyrics, not played in a setting such as a church, it doesn't send a certain message, nor is it a soundtrack to a movie or a viddygame. Just mere noise.

ah - the late, great Peter Green. Thanks for the reminder, off to play some more now!
Yeth, the copywight is pwobably expired and some folks reproduce them but, bear in mind, that the most refined man like I shall never expired and shall live forever.
A definite no. You are disregarding the works of some of the great composers if you are disregarding non lyrical compositions as music.

Listen to Beethoven, Dvorak or Tchaikovsky through some headphones and tell me again that isn't real music.