Urgent assistance with car mechanics terminology needed.

Avatar Image
Bambiagain | 12:27 Wed 01st Aug 2012 | Motoring
21 Answers
Help! I am doing a translation into German for a friend (don't panic, I'm not asking for help with the German unless you know it) who had an big American Ford and has bought parts from America. The car is in the garage awaiting my translation as nobody can read the instructions. I am having a lot of difficulty myself as I am no mechanic. Could anybody please explain the following for me, to help me to make sense of it before I translate:

1.Use worm drive clamps... what are these? I don't know how to explain and they aren't in my dictionary.

2. Remove bolts at exhaust manifold to up pipe connections... Is an up pipe connection an entity, or is it saying something about upping the pipe connection?

3. Remove manifold to turbo y pipe... Need the sentence explaining.4.

4. Similar to above . Reinstall manifold to turbo y pipe... Taken together, these suggest the sentence in 3 could read "Remove manifold from y pipe." Or am I barking up completely the wrong tree?

Thanks very much in advance. These are only 4 out of 32 instructions, so I think I'm not doing too badly so far.


21 to 21 of 21rss feed

First Previous 1 2

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Bambiagain. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Jubilee clips in uk for sure but called that colloquially ONLY here.
Jubilee is a brand just as Hoover is a brand of vacuum cleaner.

21 to 21 of 21rss feed

First Previous 1 2

Do you know the answer?

Urgent assistance with car mechanics terminology needed.

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.