Emmerdale's Non White Population.

thejudderman | 20:47 Thu 28th Jan 2021 | Film, Media & TV
I've just watched Emmerdale for the first time in literally years, probably 10 years or more.
Emmerdale as far as I know has always been about life in a little fictional Yorkshire village of the same name.
My question is... why are there so many black, asian and mixed race people in this little english village?? Judging by tonights episode, and I've been told this has been the norm for quite some time, well over 50% of the residents are non white. It was like I was watching a north African soap.
I live in a small west sussex village, bigger than Emmerdale is supposed to be. We have ONE black resident and he was adopted.
I have nothing against seeing non whites on tv but come on, over 50% in a little Yorkshire village??? Let's be realistic!!!
Is this just the woke tv producers pushing their wokeness (if there is such a word) on to us? Because we also have the same situation with adverts to.
In fact if you watch tv nowadays, certainly in the uk, but I suspect everywhere else too, you could be forgiven for thinking non whites were the majority.
Why are tv companies and the media in general doing this???

Answers

First Previous 4 5 6 7

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by thejudderman. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

watched last nights episode of Emmerdale just to see if The judderman had a point. And sure enough, there were more non white characters than whites.
If it was a program about inner city life I could understand all you people getting uptight about Juddermans observation. But it's not. As Thejudderman rightly points out, it's about life in a little English village.
I look forward to all you snowflakes attempts to justify it.
haven't watched it for years, don't intend to restart now, not because of the issues raised because its boring viewing.
As I’ve said previously, it’s all about pressure from the advertisers (the prog is on a commercial TV Channel, remember) to reach as wide an audience as possible and virtually nothing to do with virtue signalling or filling some imaginary PC quota.
Hallo mikkin59, fancy you popping up on a thread by Judderman and giving him your full backing.....

Zacsmaster has given the reason for this 'outrageous' development in on-screen representation of BAME actors and characters.

In ignoring it, anyone would think you had your own agenda.....
Wow. So Judderman's first post in 2 1/2 years, and Mikkin's since 2015. They must have some sort of ESP.

Or something.
Mozz, you should be a policeman, you're so clever!
Maybe you could comment on the subject in hand. But be very careful what you say. If theres any hint of agreeing with Thejudderman in your reply you'll have all the snowflakes pouncing!!
But I'm sure by your attitude so far that you wont agree with any of it.
I'm wondering how emmie (@ 08.49) knows that it's "boring viewing" when she hasn't watched it "for years"...

First Previous 4 5 6 7

Emmerdale's Non White Population.