What film is this quote from?

electrokitty | 13:00 Mon 24th Sep 2007 | Film
This is a tough one....all I remember is an old tramp who used to be a priest ,in a subway suddenly calling out "could ya spare any change for an old father?" and it really makes the main character jump. it's probably a horror film cos that's all I ever watch, but it's driving me mad trying to remember what film it's from! can someone help me?

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by electrokitty. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

It's from 'The Exorcist'.

Father Carras is enduring a crisis of faith, and is unsure if the possession of Meagan is real - but the demon's mimicry of the old beggar, followed by mimicry of Carras's mother shows him that the demon is real - with suitably horryfying reaction from the poor priest.

I found those bits - together with Reagan scuttling downstairs in a crab arch - far more terrifying than the unconvicning head-spinning.

Classic example of horror being not just blood and gore, but our fears and secrets exposed to us.
Thanks Andy, course it is! (smacks forehead). I haven't watched the film for years as i find it so scary, so I must have forgotten that bit.
My pleasure - I feel unfeasibly delighted to not only have known the answer - but to have got to the thread first to post it!

I know at the end of the day, there are no hard or easy questions - there are ones you can answer, and ones you can't ...

oh what the hell - this WAS tough, and i cracked it!

YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!
BTW - I haven't seen it for ages either, but if memory servies, the quote is "Could you spare some change for an old alter boy Father ..."

I must be on a roll or something ....
Spot on, you've got it! I'm impressed.....

What film is this quote from?