putting agreement into writing.

Avatar Image
imajenarry | 16:13 Tue 01st Sep 2009 | Law
5 Answers
is it possible to put an agreement into writing that will be legally binding. the agreement is for my ex partner to honour a verbal agreement to transfer our house and mortgage into my name only.(he's agreeing to it now but i think the actual signature stage happens in about 6 weeks-a lot can happen in 6 weeks) and also to repay an amount of money to me that he borrowed 18 months ago to start a business .does this have to be done with the help of a solicitor..and if so how much is it likely to cost? thankyou in advance.


1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by imajenarry. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Are you absolutely sure the mortgage company will allow the transfer?
Question Author
yes i'm applying with the mortgage company and i'm doing it all thru a conveyancing solicitor. but as i said it takes 6 weeks and i hope the mortgage company will be happy to allow me to be the sole mortgage lender.

Get a contract with a solicitor...couple of hundred.
Question Author
Sorry borrower.
Most contracts can be agreed to verbally but some require to be made in writing. Not only that, but they require to be made in a way prescribed by law - Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act 1995.

In Scotland, all contracts involving the sale of land or buildings require the involvement of a solicitor - Conveyancing and Feudal Reform (Scotland Act) 1970).

So if you're in Scotland you will need a solicitor's help to make an agreement on land or buildings binding.

1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Do you know the answer?

putting agreement into writing.

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.