Car on road

Avatar Image
carsonking | 12:57 Sun 05th Apr 2009 | Law
7 Answers
I have a new van and whilst i am trying to sell my old one, can i leave the old one on the road, it is taxed but not insured i have transfered that to my new van?


1 to 7 of 7rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by carsonking. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
it should be insured if it is on the road.

For example, what if the handbrake were to accidently come off or fail and it ploughed into a group of kids who were walking past and kiled themall, and then their parents all wanted to sue you?
Question Author
Thats not the question, i want to know if its legal, it's getting in the way and causing arguments, the road is flat outside.
"it should be insured if its on the road" = It is NOT legal to park and uninsured car on the road

might be a good idea to SORN it but you must have it completely off the road. can do this through DVLA or take your reminder/log/restration book to a post office hicle/UntaxedVehicle/DG_4022058 application?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.port al.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Declare+S ORN

Sorn deals with tax, not insurance.
A vehicle that is parked on the public highway must have insurance by law.
If you have a 'for sale' sign in the van whilst it is on the highway, you could get prosecuted for that, too, depending where you live.
Any motor vehicle on a public road must have a valid and current insurance document in force.
Question Author
Thanks all, i have found a garage to put it in for the time being.

1 to 7 of 7rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Car on road

Answer Question >>