Can You Report A Crime At Any Police Station Of Your Choice?

Avatar Image
newbie99 | 15:45 Sat 15th Jun 2019 | Law
6 Answers
A friend has been assaulted and doesn't want to report the crime as she has no confidence in the police of that area.

Based on the victim's experience, numerous crimes has been reported before and the local police never wants to log as a crime. I could understand why the police is doing this, they don't wants to show that the area they are responsible has so many unresolved crimes.

I have asked to report to another police station. Is this ok?


1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by newbie99. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
You can, but the enquiry will be passed to the local station.
Yes . A normal procedure. When I was a PC (acting Station Officer ) at Paddington Green police Station we very often had residents,always black people, from up the road on Harrow Roads patch come in to report various crimes. They didn't wish to report the crime at their own local nick.
We took all details in one of two crime books and simply transferred them up the road to Harrow Road nick by telephone.
As others have already said what ever Police station you report crime at, investigation will be passed to nearest station.
As for reporting crime, just ask for a crime number, then you are sure its been logged.
Question Author
Ok thanks for the replies.
I don't think she will be reporting it then.
You could always report it by phoning 101.

Dannky even reporting it via 101, you will still be required to give a statement to a Police officer, they are good in my region and will take statement from you at home.

1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Can You Report A Crime At Any Police Station Of Your Choice?

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.