Do I Need A New Will?

Avatar Image
foxyferret | 14:41 Thu 19th Oct 2017 | Law
4 Answers
When my father died in 2014, he left his half share of the house to me and my two sisters. He was tenants in common with my mother who is still alive and living in the property. I already have a Will stating what should be done with my share of the house I live in with my partner. We are also tenants in common. Do I need to add a codicil or make a new will to reflect my interest in my mother’s property? Thanks.


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by foxyferret. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
if you have got something to leave that isn't mentioned in your will and the will doesn't have a residue clause (after specific legacies, a bit that says where all the rest goes) then yes it would be sensible to add it to your will. I believe it can be done by codicil if you don't want an entire new will.
top marks for reviewing your will !

our fairy barrister - Marmaid says she does it once a year ( I average about once every ten)

well it depends on the terms - of course
so if you are gonna change anything
yes go and see a lawyer

they dont cost that much
not as much as applying to a court after death to get it right.....

I mean - mine is - my whole estate to my niece - including all soft toys, pictures, small flffu animals, jig saw puzzles ....

so adding a house or two doesnt make much difference ....
Question Author
Thanks to you both, I think it best to pop to a solicitor, better get it right now rather than leave a mess for later.
yeah good I agree with you
read somewhere that if you add a house
you should update your will

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Do I Need A New Will?

Answer Question >>