Passport Query

Avatar Image
diamondgirl1973 | 11:13 Wed 10th Mar 2010 | Civil
6 Answers
I have a 7 week old baby. She has double barrel surname (fathers name is second name). The father is Nigerian. Due to an incident involving police, he has now asked me for a copy of baby birth certificate. His reason is "just to keep with him". I have no doubt of him caring for baby but have doubt of him possibly obtaining a passport and leaving with baby to Nigeria. I have been on Passport website and it has said if fathers name there he can apply without me.

My question is, can he obtain passport with only extract certificate? If he can't I can give him that. Does he need full certificate? Last thing, is there a sort of flagging system within passport office I could put in place just in case he applies for one?

Please help urgently. The babys father would like me to go to registration with him today to get certificate.

Thank you


1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by diamondgirl1973. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
He can buy a copy of the full certificate from the registry office anyway - anyone can

So if he has that in mind you not giving him a copy won't make the slightest difference
Apply to get your baby a passport yourself. I don't think they can have two.
-- answer removed --
I agree with ummmm get a passport yourself first thing
Eddie, Diamondgirl is British and lives in Scotland.
-- answer removed --

1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Passport Query

Answer Question >>