Small Claims in Germany or UK?

Avatar Image
vburmester | 01:54 Wed 10th Mar 2010 | Civil
4 Answers
I bought a £400 coffee machine over the internet which has now broken down. Seller has responded once to tell me to go directly to the manufacturer, which I did to no avail as I was referred back to vendor.

Since then, the vendor has not replied to numerous emails (incl. 21 days notice). Do I go to the small claims in Germany or UK?


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by vburmester. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
-- answer removed --
The small claims court in the UK has no jurisdiction

You need to establish what rights if any you have under German law and how you can pursue those rights - do they even have a small claims court?

I suspect that this is going to cost you more to pursue than it's worth.

Second thought - did you pay by credit card? If so that's another avenue to pursue.
I'm assuming you bought it from Germany - your post is not entirely clear.

If you bought it from a UK vendor then yes, the UK small claims court.
Question Author
Yes, I bought it from my front room over the internet from a company based in Germany.

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Small Claims in Germany or UK?

Answer Question >>

Related Questions