getting back confisticated passport

Avatar Image
Stella66 | 19:39 Mon 19th May 2008 | Civil
2 Answers
My 17 year old nephew recently ran away from home afer an argument with his father. We have tried to talk him into going back but he does not want to. The problem is his father is holding his passport and birth certificate and won't give him back, making it hard for him to get a part time job and go to college. We have tried the police but they said they can not go to somebody's house and get the documents. Social services said they can't help bacause he is over 16 and can claim his own benefits.
Can anyone advice on how we can get the documents please.


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Stella66. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
hi there, why dont you just re apply for new ones, they will charge you for replacments, but worth it, just say you have lost them.
The passport is the property of HM Government and must be surrendered to them if requested - so his father, if he won't return it, has technically stolen it. Your nephew should apply for replacement and report it as stolen. Good luck.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

getting back confisticated passport

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.