restrictive convenant removal/amendments

Avatar Image
mlz1974 | 14:10 Wed 05th Mar 2008 | Civil
1 Answers
we have a convenant in our deeds stating we must allow vehicular access to our adjoining neighbours property however last week the neighbouring property created their own driveway from the opposite side of their land thus in our eyes removing the necessity of access over our property and we now wish to remove or at least amend the original convenant to reflect the change - is this commonplace and does anyone know how to do it


Only 1 answerrss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by mlz1974. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
It is certainly possible, but you are likely to have to employ a solicitor to deal with it, and there is nothing to say your neighbour has to agree.
At the very least, they will possibly want to readies for agreeing to it. I'm afraid the easement does not just go away just because the owner of the land with the benefit of the easement has found an alternative right of way.

Only 1 answerrss feed

Do you know the answer?

restrictive convenant removal/amendments

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.