Employed On A Self-Employed Basis

Avatar Image
sherrardk | 19:50 Mon 24th Jun 2019 | Jobs & Education
2 Answers
I’m considering a job where I would be classed as self employed (but working for an organisation) - who do I have to inform or what forms, etc do I need to complete (I’d be earning less than £10000 a year). Thank you for any answers.


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by sherrardk. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
You need to register as a sole trader with HMRC
which basically just means registering for self-assessment
(Click 'Register online')

You'll be asked to give a name for your business but you don't need to think up anything original; you can simply use your own name as your business name.

Then you simply keep records of everything you've earned and the expenses you've incurred and fill in a tax return online once per year. (It's amazingly simple; the whole process only takes a few minutes).

Question Author
Thank you - just have to pass an exam now (but it’s working from home so I don’t have to interact with people or leave the kids unattended).

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Employed On A Self-Employed Basis

Answer Question >>