Using Spanish Taxis

spathiphyllum | 14:14 Thu 14th Jun 2018 | How it Works
Please can someone give me the low down?

Spain can be a sketchy place... What shall i look out for when getting a long distance Taxi?

Any companies to try an avoid?

Any companies to try and go with?

Do the prices get larger after a certain hour?

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by spathiphyllum. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Whereabouts in Spain spath ?
South, Alicante - Benidorm area!
Any local company, but if you are going on a long journey, i.e. not on a meter, I would ask them first how much it would cost. Usually the fee goes up a bit at night. Taxis are not outrageously expensive here as they are in England. Well London anyway.
That is reassuring. From the airport, i assume some stragglers will be in the bay ready for arriving tourists?

How is the English of the taxi drivers? I hope slightly better than my Spanish. I have bought a phrase book! I just hope they have the patience to bare with me whilst i consult it :)
If you look up a site like Rome2Rio, they will be able to book you a taxi in advance., ( or share of a minibus)
The driver will be waiting for you with a card with your name on it.
Everything will be organised, and paid in advance. You just need to give the drive a tip.
I think I also remember that there is a large sign at Alicante Airport giving the fees for trips from the airport to wherever.
There will be an extra charge if it is a Sunday/ (Saturday?), public holiday, evening, for luggage, but won’t be that much more.
Thank you for the suggestion Jenny, but as i'm not 100% sure when i'll want a taxi man, i would rather get one when the time comes, if i need to! I'm hoping i can hop on the tram... But failing that a taxi shall be requested
awesome! I'll keep my eyes peeled for that Jenny :) Thank you!
I have used http://solhop.com/ as I can prebook online and they give me a quote. Their prices were very reasonable and even though my flight was delayed the driver was still waiting for me.
If your wanting to go to a certain place eg a road name, nam e of hotel etc why not write it down on a piece of card to show the driver.

Using Spanish Taxis