Mixer/Shower Tap - genuine answers please

Avatar Image
FTVS | 09:48 Thu 01st Apr 2004 | Home & Garden
3 Answers
We have a mixer tap, which also has a pipe coming out of it to the shower. On one side is the volume of water control, on the other the temperature gauge. I understand this may be called a thermostatic shower. The temperture tap is stuck...clogged with limescale maybe? Needs a new washer maybe? Any ideas or advice on how I take this thing apart? Has anyone done it and reassembled with no problems? Or should I call a plumber?


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by FTVS. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
If its the kin Im thinking of its unlikely to be a thermostat, its just a mixer valve. But I could be wrong. To take it apart the first steop is to isolate both tapss from the feed- so turn off the stopcocks which will probably be under the bath. The feel round the temp control- should be a recessed screw or nut holding the guage on. Remove this, there should be some kind of spindle with a nut on it, unscrewing which gives access to the works.
I have taken these apart then reassembled them with success, but I spend my life doing things like this. (AS a brit scientist we assemble everything from junk a la scrapheap challenge). I suggest a plumber if you are no confident.
Question Author
thanks incy - have being looking a bit tonight and the one of got seems to cost �200 in Homebase! ergo plumber it is - but i'll watch and learn. Cheers, F

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Mixer/Shower Tap - genuine answers please

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.