Dodgy Stairs

Avatar Image
jennifer_cro | 13:27 Sun 21st May 2006 | Home & Garden
2 Answers


A crack of around 1/4 of a cm has appeared on the skirting board (not sure if that's what it's called) where are stairs attached to the wall.

Should I get a general builder in for this or a structural person??


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by jennifer_cro. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.

I think you mean the 'string'.

If it's a fairly new house it sounds like timber shrinking, providing the stairs still appear to be secure then there may be no need to worry. Just fill and redecorate. If you feel concerned about safety get a recommended joiner to take a look.

Agree with the above - probably nothing to worry about.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Dodgy Stairs

Answer Question >>