Water Meter Reading - Ebco Lockable Plastic Cover

Avatar Image
OldChestNuts | 18:32 Thu 12th May 2022 | Home & Garden
4 Answers
Just moved into a new home and water company asked to read meter. But I can't seem to pry open the lid.
Could anyone confirm if a key is required for the EBCO lovable lid. If so, what is the key look like.?


1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by OldChestNuts. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Those ones should just pry up, sometimes they are screwed with c/sk machine bolts. Tends to be the round ones that have a special tool.
Question Author
The units are "supplied with an L-shaped key" and are "then opened via the pry-slot"...this info from the manufacturer.
Presumably, you need something (in absence of the said key) that fits into the holes and turns the catches.
(I'd tell the water company to come and do it themselves - they charge enough!)

1 to 4 of 4rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Water Meter Reading - Ebco Lockable Plastic Cover

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.