Consumer Unit

Avatar Image
bentaxle | 12:03 Sat 27th Oct 2018 | Home & Garden
6 Answers
Just found out E.ON fit Isolators for free , thought it might help if you are considering changing your unit as I am

All the best


1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by bentaxle. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
-- answer removed --
What's an Isolator in this conrext? Do you mean a RCB ?
Retro - an isolator is just a switch that they fit between the incoming main and the meter. It makes it easier and safer when working on consumer units. It means you can just switch off the power.

It's about time suppliers provided this. Otherwise, you have to pull the supply cut-out (big 100 amp fuse) to switch things off. Technically, you shouldn't do this as it means cutting a wire seal, but what else can you do?
Ooops ^^^............. fitted between the meter and your consumer unit.
Thanks for the explanation Builder. It makes sense.
I wish they would move my hardly accessible meter from under the stairs cupboard to an outside cabinet for free. :-(

1 to 6 of 6rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Consumer Unit

Answer Question >>