References needed to rent a property - help!

Avatar Image
Hermia | 14:04 Thu 31st Mar 2005 | Home & Garden
2 Answers
I am (finally) about to leave home, but I've hit a brick wall in that the landlords I've spoken to want a reference from a previous landlord. I've never rented before so what do I do?


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Hermia. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Ask the landlord whether a reference from your employer will suffice, or doctor etc.

You can use your a parent as a guarantor. This means they guarantee to pay your rent if you run away and join the circus. This is what I did when I rented for the first (and second time in fact). Use my Dad as a guarantor I mean, not join the circus...

Hope that helps.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

References needed to rent a property - help!

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.