Valance/divan trim

Avatar Image
abstibus | 12:54 Fri 19th Sep 2008 | Interiors
2 Answers
Can anyone tell me the difference between these? My new bed has legs, so the valances are redundant. I like to have a top sheet under the duvet and need to be able to tuck it in.
Many thanks


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by abstibus. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
I've always considered a valance and divan trim to be the same thing. It goes on top of the divan base, unlike a valanced sheet which, as it's name suggests, is a sheet with a valance and goes on top of the mattress.

You obviously need the former annemollie, so you can continue to tuck in. Just make sure you read the packet properly before you buy.

In my experience, be it the sheet version or trim, you may find the drop a bit long and a turn under may be needed for neatness. Measure the divan base height before shopping as I think some packs do have the drop size on them, and you may be lucky and get just the right size.
Question Author
Thanks, rabbitygirl
We're not well supplied for shops that sell these kinds of things here so will take your advice about measuring and look further afield.

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Valance/divan trim

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.