Grannies sofa ?????

Avatar Image
DirtyHabit | 21:11 Sun 16th Sep 2007 | Interiors
5 Answers
What are the sets of covers called that my Nan had on the arms and headrest area of the sofa........and can you still get them??? Where


1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by DirtyHabit. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
I think the correct name is antimacassar. You can still get at shops like Damart (who also do a catalogue) They are called chair backs and chair rests about �9.99 for a set.
-- answer removed --
Question Author
Thank you. I now know what I am looking for. I will have a look around our local charity shops
dunelm do them my mother was going to buy some i would not let her as they dont look very nice ......
for info anti-macassars were used in edwardian times to protect furniture from hair-oils, particularly maccasar oil. This comes from the macassar area of celebes and is a mix of oil from the ylang-ylang tree, coconut oil and other ingredients. And we all thought ylang-ylang was a new ingredient in hair care!!

1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Grannies sofa ?????

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.