baking and selling from home

Avatar Image
tw1980 | 21:12 Fri 20th Apr 2007 | Food & Drink
2 Answers
I want to make cakes, sweets, Jam and biscuits to sell in my own hampers at craft fayres/online. What are the rules of baking at home and selling?
Do I need a kitchen check? Grateful to anyone who can help me here!


1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by tw1980. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
You will need to get in touch with your local council enviromental health department, they will advise you of the liability insurance you will need and also the level of food handling rules that will apply to you. They will have to check your kitchen and give it regular food safety checks also you will need a food handling certficate. This is really the basics they will be able to tell you more! Don't be afraid they are usually great people and really helpfull! Good luck!
Question Author

1 to 2 of 2rss feed

Do you know the answer?

baking and selling from home

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.