Name that choccy...please!

Avatar Image
ichiban | 15:39 Thu 30th Jan 2003 | Food & Drink
5 Answers
What was the name of that chocolate covered toffee (?) that was sold for a brief period in the mid/late 1990s? I think that it was German (but sold officially in the UK), and had a very cheesy TV advert. They were a square-ish shape and about the size of a Giant Rolo. They were sold in both bags and 'bar' packaging. They had a very strong taste to them, which almost seemed bitter at first, but were infact very tasty.


1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by ichiban. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Sounds to me like 'Riesen... The Chocolate Chew'! They were severely chocolatey, but I think I could manage a couple right now. I'm also fairly sure that they still make them...
Question Author
That's it! Many thanks...I can now sleep tonight ;-)
They certainly do still make 'em....bought some yesterday in my local newsagent.
Riesen's are big over here in Germany, where you can buy peanut versions, pocket size and big big bags! They're coated in dark chocolate hence the 'bitter' taste.
i've recently bought some here in the UK, just trying to remember where. they are definitely available at some service stations off the motorways and i'm sure i got them in a supermarket ...

1 to 5 of 5rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Name that choccy...please!

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.