Coffee Machine

riptide | 10:54 Thu 07th Jun 2018 | Food & Drink
Does anyone have any recommendations for a coffee machine, not one of these really expensive ones. I had a Nespresso one before but it wore out after a year and I was not overly keen on the coffee, normally only use them for cappuccino, not espresso. I see the Dolce Gusto have good reviews and the pods are readily available or is there another one that you would recommend. Thanks.

Answers

1 2 Next Last

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by riptide. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Get a cafetiere and some nice powder coffee.. Cheap and no electric, you can also put it in the cupboard when you don't use it.
I don't see the point in buying machines like tassimo or nespresso because then you're dedicated to the extortionate prices of poor quality coffee, and you're limited to the capsules that they provide.
We have a Dolce Gusto and love it. You don't have to buy the original pods, supermarkets have their own brand and are lovely, at least here in Spain.
I've got a Lavazza pod machine - it makes excellent coffee and the pods are available from Amazon and most supermarket chains. I think they are better than Nespresso.

My model is no longer available, but these are two equivalents - a simple one and a (much better) one with more functions :

https://www.johnlewis.com/lavazza-a-modo-mio-jolie-espresso-coffee-machine/p3057366

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/31626/Lavazza-Magia-Plus-Coffee-Machine-Ice-White
It's not real coffee if it comes out of a pod in my opinion, but i am a snob when it comes to the joe.
Don't go capsules, they aren't environmentally friendly and the coffee is horrible. I have a normal cafetiere and both me and my man have Francis Francis proper coffee machines, they are awesome.
Spath - you are wrong - good pod machines are a very different option to a cafetiere - they can make short espressos as well as much better americano than you get with a cafetiere.

If I want a big mug of coffee then I use a filter or cafetiere - for other types of coffee I use my pod machine.
Kval they are beautiful but expensive! But i don't blame you. I will ALWAYS prefer the proper powder that you use in a cafetiere or a Francis over any pod. And good point about them not being environmentally friendly!
We've got a Dolce Gusto. I really like it. (It was the OHs so it just kind of materialised in the kitchen). I hadnt thought about the enviromental impact of the pods tho.
I've got a 'real' bean to cup machine - it's wonderful - but the Lavazza pods are a very good/quick alternative - I do agree that some Nespresso machines/pods can produce vile coffee.
Dave, you do have a point, but at home all i have is regular coffee, i don't tend to crave a cappuccino, but if i did, i'd make one with a milk frother.
I really want a Francis Francis now :(
I've got an orange one he's got a black one- we bonded over them x
They say orange is the new black Kval. I want a green one, or a yellow one.
Well my kitchen is orange, cos I have loads of LeCreuset so I themed it around the saucepans cos I couldn't afford to replace them, but I like their colours, the Lime Green is gorgeous, but the black is mad bad and dangerous to know and goes with anything :)
There was a review and tasting competition of all types and style of coffee on TV a few days ago. The best was some expensive 'French Press' style ,but a close 2nd was Nescafe Azera ,instant coffee with added ground coffee beans, that's what I use .
LeCreuset produces the best bolognese. That is a fact.
I have a dolce gusto one and buy the pods direct which make them cheaper and I love it
Yeah I love my LeCreuset, it's a workout too cooking things in the big pots :) x
30P a coffee though

1 2 Next Last

Coffee Machine