"salad Crisp" Sweetcorn...

spathiphyllum | 13:50 Mon 16th Apr 2018 | Food & Drink
Is this some genetically modified sweet corn or is it just the 'best of the best'...

I don't see how one corn can be just a plain corn and another can be 'salad crisp'...

I think just putting it in the fridge makes it more crisp.

Answers

Are you buying fresh (uncooked) sweetcorn or the canned stuff. With the tinned variety it's likely that the 'salad crisp' variety is simply steamed-cooked for a slightly shorter period, leaving it 'al dente'. Remember though that there are several different varieties of sweetcorn grown in the UK and, just like potatoes, some varieties will be better in...
13:58 Mon 16th Apr 2018
Are you buying fresh (uncooked) sweetcorn or the canned stuff. With the tinned variety it's likely that the 'salad crisp' variety is simply steamed-cooked for a slightly shorter period, leaving it 'al dente'.

Remember though that there are several different varieties of sweetcorn grown in the UK and, just like potatoes, some varieties will be better in salads than others:
https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/vegetable/sweetcorn/varieties.php
canned stuff!

Interesting Buenchico, i try to buy as natural as i can, and i'd always rather a metal tin than a plastic wrap. I'm usually up to date on the different strains of nature but i was unaware about the vast variety of corn! I shall have to look into which strains are best for 'crispness'
It's because it's picked fresh by green giants... durrhh
hehe, i always wondered how they picked up the sweetcorn with their big fingers... Then i realised the tinned stuff is probably just what they caught under their fingernails.
king'hell not another sweetcorn thread.....
Another one?
yes, you do have a touch of the Mollykins about you
''king'hell not another sweetcorn thread''

All hail the button mushroom...
Maybe i am Mollykins
She must be quite impact to have her own hyperlink
Sorry Spath but you're not a patch on our Molly.
Pff 90 answers aint nada...
and the mushroom jellies....
When I went on a French exchange, the family couldn't believe it when I said we eat corn on the cob.
They said it was pig food.
Corb on the cob is delicious, especially with a bit of lurpak on the BBQ.

"salad Crisp" Sweetcorn...