Pointless Foods

NoMercy | 20:26 Thu 16th Nov 2017 | Food & Drink
I'm not talking about foods you hate (swede, marmite or curry) or things that make you shudder (octopus, brains or tripe), but rather foods that are utterly tasteless, boring and serve no discernible purpose.

What "pointless" or tasteless foods would you consign to Food Room 101?

For me it would be a toss up between gnocchi and ready salted crisps.

Answers

First Previous 1 2 3 4

Low-fat anything - if you're worried about the fat content just eat less of it. Ditto "spreads" that pretend to be butter substitutes - there is no substitute for real butter!
08:56 Fri 17th Nov 2017
I'm totally inclined to agree with you, DD, on the low fat debate and the margarine versus butter subject.

As I mentioned before, a wise Dr told me that if it comes from a farm, an allotment or an orchard, eat it. If it's produced in a factory, don't touch it.

i love gnocci and salted crisps, but not necessarily together.
had gnocci in an Italian restaurant in USA and it was lovely.
can't abide curry in any form.
To me no food is pointless, all food is to be savoured and enjoyed.

First Previous 1 2 3 4

Pointless Foods