How do you ...

winebuyer | 21:10 Thu 08th May 2008 | Food
... bone a leg of lamb so that you can cook it whole on a barbecue?

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by winebuyer. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

Thanks figure.

I have a nasty feeling that my leg of lamb is going to end uo looking like road kill, but I'm going to have a go.
You get your butcher to do it for you. Support your independent local butcher and they will save you time and effort.
i agree with illya .
We do support our local butcher. We only ever buy meat from our butcher, including all our bacon and sausages. And we would never, ever buy supermarket poultry.

We also buy his cheese, pickles, chutneys, etc.

Amongst our recent order from our butcher (along with some nice bacon, eggs, sausages and black pudding for tomorrow morning) is a rather fabulous looking leg of lamb for when our friends come over on Sunday lunchtime. However, since we picked it up, the weather has turned sunny ...so, I thought I'd have a go at boning it, and cook it as a butterfly on the barbecue.

Seems a bit of a cop out to take it back to the butcher. Hardly in the "hunter, gatherer, creator of fire" spirit of barbecue cooking.

How do you ...