Sainsbury's Small Beef Roasting Joint

Jamjar74 | 14:28 Thu 09th Jul 2020 | Food
Sainsbury’s Small Beef Roasting Joint Top Rump
Instructions:
Preheat Oven 200C Fan 180
Season meat with salt and pepper and brush with 5ml vegetable oil
Seal all over in a hot pan (saucepan, frying pan does not say?)
Place into a roasting dish on a layer of root vegetables with ½ pint water
Place roasting dish into preheated oven 25 mins per 500g plus 25 mins.

Would you think you would be able to leave out the vegetables and cook as a normal roast?
Hope someone can help me, many thanks

Answers

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Jamjar74. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

I would roast it just as a normal roast. For the sealing frying pan is usual, but if you used a different pan make sure the roast will fit in.
Use whatever pan you like to sear the meat and yes you can omit the root veg, if you have any onions I sometimes halve or quarter them (skin on) and use those as a trivet under the meat.
I don't see any reason why not, though I'd probably allow 20 min per 500gm as I like a bit of pink. Also, if you kept the root veg, they make a lovely gravy if whizzed with a hand blender.

Sainsbury's Small Beef Roasting Joint