Which mince pies do you like the best? I like gregg's with icing sugar on.

kitty123 | 17:03 Sat 01st Dec 2012 | Food
Which are your favourite shop bought mince pies?
I like the ones from Gregg's with icing sugar on and also the
iced mince pies from Asda and Sainsbury's.

Answers

First Previous 1 2

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by kitty123. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

A couple of years ago Greggs did them and the tops were a swirl of orange flavoured viennese pastry. They were the best I'd ever tasted but they didn't do them last year even though customers were asking for them. I must see if they're doing them again.
My beloved Grampa used to make me puff pastry mince pies every year - he was a baker all his days. No one else in the family liked them, but I was his favourite.

I miss him all year round, but Christmas just isn't the same without his pies (or him!).
Ones with no mincemeat in, or pie. Urggh. Friends that like minced pies tend to vote for/demand the puff pastry variety
ooh, puff pastry mince pies, Sainsbury's do them, they're lovely.
The viennese ones are on the Greggs website, hope my local has them.
I just like mince pies. 2sp an old boy, now deceased, who I used to drink with was a Master Butcher and every year for a small number of friends he used to make pork pies, just to keep his hand in, and to say they great is an understatement. The only trouble with them is that they were that good they spoilt me for the others.
I know, paddywak, I just can't find puff mince pies that compare.

First Previous 1 2