Advice Please

Avatar Image
matron 22 | 20:14 Tue 03rd May 2022 | Family & Relationships
3 Answers
Family dynamics have been broken and would like to move out. Problem is dad is 65 and no longer works therefore has no income. What are his options re housing? Do not want to see him homeless


1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by matron 22. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
Housing benefit might well be relevant here. This explains how it works:

The charity, Shelter, has loads of relevant information on its website too:

For others to be able to advise you though, you might need to explain your situation more clearly. For example . .
Are you and your father currently in rented accommodation?
If so, do you rent from a council, a housing association or privately? Whose name is on the rent book?
Would he be living alone if you leave??
There can't be that long to go until your father will qualify for his State Pension (at the age of 66). With no other income, he'll also qualify for Pension Credit, taking his weekly income to £182.60. If he's in receipt of Pension Credit, he'll then qualify for further financial help, such as a reduction (possibly of 100%) in his Council Tax. He might also be better placed to get Housing Benefit too.

1 to 3 of 3rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Advice Please

Answer Question >>