Invoicing Employer

Avatar Image
Greedyfly | 12:00 Tue 26th Feb 2019 | Family
7 Answers

I work part time, my baby is in nursery when I’m at work. We are supposed to receive Universal Credit to cover 85% if childcare costs due to low income.

My employer made a huge error with my pay and overpaid my considerably on the 28th January. This was then reported to the HMRC and then reported to UC which deemed me as having earned too much do not entitled to childcare costs.

I’m disputing this currently as it was an error by my employer and they have acknowledged it but I have no idea how long this will take.

My nursery fees are due this week and I simply do not have the money to pay them.

I’ve contacted UC but they can’t/won’t help. I’ve been having issues with UC for months and had to keep borrowing money so I could continue to work.

I can’t borrow any more, I’ve no idea how I’m going to pay it back.

Any advice? My husband wants to invoice my employer as it was their error and they have caused this mess but I’m unsure they would entertain it and I’m at my wits end with it all.

Thanks in advance



1 to 7 of 7rss feed

Best Answer

No best answer has yet been selected by Greedyfly. Once a best answer has been selected, it will be shown here.

For more on marking an answer as the "Best Answer", please visit our FAQ.
well you won't know if they will or not until you ask.....put it nicely, explain how worried you are and point out nicely that it was their mistake that got you into this mess. add....they might at least give you an interest free loan to cover the charges until you are sorted again....have they admitted their mistake to HMRC?
Did you not notice you'd been overpaid?
Question Author
Yes I noticed and repaid the overpayment immediately. My employer wrote a letter to the HMRC re their mistake but it took them so long to arrange it it was too late to be processed and my ‘earnings’ were reported.

UC cannot guarantee I’ll get the money back or when.
Try contacting the C.A.B .They have specialise advisors who deal with things like this , they can get things done a lot faster than an ordinary person on their own !
'This was then reported to the HMRC' By whom?

Can the same people not report that it was a mistake?
Question Author
When an employer pays an employee the payroll dept reports the payment to the HMRC, this was don’t tgevsamw time I was paid. So the error was reported.

My employer sent a correction to the HMRC but it was sent too late so the HMRC couldn’t correct the error their end and therefore reported to UC my earnings as being much higher.

1 to 7 of 7rss feed

Do you know the answer?

Invoicing Employer

Answer Question >>

Related Questions

Sorry, we can't find any related questions. Try using the search bar at the top of the page to search for some keywords, or choose a topic and submit your own question.